- What are the three books the creature reads and what significance can you find behind each choice?
- What does the creature represent in Frankenstein?
- What does the creature discover about himself?
- Who does the creature compare himself to?
- Is Frankenstein’s monster evil?
- What did the creature find in the woods one night?
- How does the creature learn about reading in Frankenstein?
- Why are Felix Agatha and delacey so poor?
- What is the moral of Frankenstein?
- What is Frankenstein’s monster’s name?
- Why does the monster want revenge?
- Why does Frankenstein destroy the monster’s female companion?
What are the three books the creature reads and what significance can you find behind each choice?
The three main books the monster reads are: John Milton’s Paradise Lost, Goethe’s The Sorrows of Werther, and Plutarch’s Lives of Ancient Greeks and Romans.
Through these books, he not only learns language, but also specific worldviews..
What does the creature represent in Frankenstein?
That’s why it’s very important to think that the creature is a creature and not a monster, and that he has a voice.” Frankenstein’s creature has been interpreted as symbolic of the revolutionary thought which had swept through Europe in the 1790s, but had largely petered out by the time Shelley wrote the novel.
What does the creature discover about himself?
The creature realizes he is the only one in existence. Like himself he is monstrously ugly and he is utterly alone. He asks, “What am I?” and “Who am I?” He feels absolute misery.
Who does the creature compare himself to?
AdamThe monster likens himself to Adam, the first human created in the Bible. He also speaks of himself as a “fallen angel,” much like Satan in Paradise Lost. In the Biblical story, Adam goes against God by eating an apple from the tree and even though He banishes Adam from Eden, He doesn’t speak harshly of Adam.
Is Frankenstein’s monster evil?
The monster is Victor Frankenstein’s creation, assembled from old body parts and strange chemicals, animated by a mysterious spark. … While Victor feels unmitigated hatred for his creation, the monster shows that he is not a purely evil being.
What did the creature find in the woods one night?
While foraging for food in the woods around the cottage one night, the monster finds an abandoned leather satchel containing some clothes and books.
How does the creature learn about reading in Frankenstein?
3) How does the Monster learn to speak and read? The Monster learns to speak by spying on the DeLacey family. … The Monster learns to read when he finds three books abandoned on the ground: Paradise Lost, Plutarch’s Lives and The Sorrows of Werter. These books point to major themes of the novel.
Why are Felix Agatha and delacey so poor?
Why are Felix, Agatha, and De Lacey so poor? They were born poor. Safie’s father stripped them of their fortune. The French court took their fortune and exiled them from France for helping Safie’s father escape from prison.
What is the moral of Frankenstein?
One message conveyed by Frankenstein is the danger that lies with considering the negative consequences of science and technology after-the-fact, instead of before.
What is Frankenstein’s monster’s name?
The creature is often erroneously referred to as “Frankenstein”, but in the novel the creature has no name. He does call himself, when speaking to his creator, Victor Frankenstein, the “Adam of your labours”.
Why does the monster want revenge?
First, it ensures that it will never be accepted in human society. Second, because by taking revenge the monster eliminates any hope of ever joining human society, which is what it really wants, revenge becomes the only thing it has. As the monster puts it, revenge became “dearer than light or food.”
Why does Frankenstein destroy the monster’s female companion?
4) Why does Frankenstein destroy the Monster’s female companion? Frankenstein decides that he has a moral duty to destroy the female companion he is making for the Monster. … He concludes that it would be selfish for him to create a companion for the Monster in order to save his own life.